Oct 12, 2016
Dr. Brandt discusses Ben Stiller's announcement that the actor had been treated for prostate cancer in 2014 after a screening PSA test was elevated.
Dr. Brandt outlines 7 things that we can learn from Ben Stiller's journey.
1. Discuss PSA testing with your physician.
2. Repeat the test if it's elevated.
3. See a urologist if your PSA is elevated.
4. Get further testing, and a biopsy, for an elevated test.
5. If you've been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer, get educated and find a support network.
6. Make a treatment decision that's right for you. Get second opinions if you feel it's needed.
7. After your treatment, share your journey with others.
Dr. Brandt discussed PSA as a screening tool in episode 10 and highlighted the importance for African-American men in episode 12.